Thursday 2 June 2016

Samoan Prayer

Samoan Prayer I tried to teach myself.

Lo Matou tama e o i le lagi - Our Heavenly Father
Matou te fa'afetai atu mo- We Thank thee for

Fa'amanuiag e tele - Many blessings
Io Matou aige - Our Family
lenei aso matagofie - this beautiful day
Ie talalelei - the gospel

Matou te ole atu i fa'amanuia mai - We Ask thee to bless
Io matou aiga i lenei po - Our family this night
Lenei sauniga - this meeting
lenei sauinga - this meeting
pupuia mai i lenei po - protect us this night
I le suafa o Iesu Keriso - Amene

being on this journey and researching and finding out our customs, values and traditions as a Samoan has allowed me to draw closer to my culture as a samoan. Personally as a New Zealand born Samoan researching my culture has helped me build my knowledge on my culture and Im learning different things as the journey continues. So I set to challenge myself to learn a prayer in Samoan. These are just a few examples of how to say a prayer.

1 comment:

  1. this is a good research post, I am looking forward to seeing the results of the shoot from last week

    ReplyDelete