Thursday 30 June 2016

FINAL

 


So previously we had the wall at the back. We thought the TV looked good from the back but then we also thought it's away from people who walk past to look at it. We moved the photos away from the TV so that there is a break/gap between the video and the photos. If I had the photos closer to the TV then it's almost as if the TV Is in the way and blocking the photos. So we thought that would work out. I wanted to try and utilise the window space as well. It was hard because the air conditioner square box was placed right in the middle of the wall so we have to try and work around the space and utilise it really well. I think we would've been able to manage another fourth image but wasn't too sure. I'm happy with the outcome though there are certain things I would change but I think I have already mentioned it. 


Final Images 

I am quite happy with the outcome of the project. I think my editing could've been a lot better trying to make the colours warmer especially with my top image. I think that in this journey it has been amazing. I have learnt so much being on this journey and I feel so much closer to my culture. I know as a New Zealand born Samoan I have been so distant to my culture especially not knowing the culture. I have always felt "plastic" but I feel like researching about the Taualuga it makes me understand the values/traditions my family try to uphold and carry on with the next generation for example like family, trust and support. I also had fun reading about the stories and how things became about in our culture also the history and how much it has changed with a westernised influence. I appreciate being in a collaborative project as well it has taught me so much about time management, the do's and dont's and shows me how different people work.So overall our work was about how the dance shapes and display us as a culture and how it relates to what our families encourage us to uphold especially about supporting one another, being strong in whatever you do and being humble. It's been an incredible journey! 




1 comment:

  1. Your photo's and video were defs on point!! Enjoyed your installation Ken. :)

    ReplyDelete