Thursday 9 June 2016

Keeping Track on Instagram

The image below where we have Phiaddra in a sitting position. The dance movement she does in this photograph is a canoeing/rowing action which represents the value of family and helping each other. We row together, work together as family to get things done or just as Samoan people we must support one another. So when you are in a canoe or boat all paddlers must work together in order to move forward. 

I'm trying to relate her actions to the customs and values that our families try to uphold. It not only displays the beauty of our Culture but the important values we carry within our culture. So movements that we have recorded in our photographs we will be trying to relate the movements to how it shapes us as a culture. 




I have been documenting some of my experiments/work on my Instagram account @lenskillah
so follow me and I'll follow back haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment